Notifying the claims office:
First and foremost, make sure your horse is getting proper veterinary attention if he/she suffers an injury, illness, lameness, accident or disease. Then, it is very important that you notify the claims office immediately if your horse is being seen by a vet for other than routine maintenance care, including castration, otherwise coverage availability under your policy could be jeopardized. Claims adjusters are available 24 hours/day, seven days/week to assist you. Please also note that if you are in a position where you are considering euthanizing your horse, it is very important that you contact the insurance company prior to putting the horse down. Not contacting the company could forfeit any possible coverage under your policy. Please make sure anyone who has the care, custody and control of your horse is aware of these requirements.
In addition, if your horse dies, you must contact the insurance company immediately, and make sure not to bury or otherwise dispose of the body, as the insurance company may require a necropsy.
If your policy is with:
American Reliable Insurance Company (policy numbers starting with EMP) - Mortality and/or Major Medical /Surgical claims: call (800) 732-6012.
Equine Policy Claims Dos and Don'ts
* Report a Loss Immediately
* Notify the company in advance if horse is going to undergo any sort of veterinary procedure, medical or surgical (including, but not limited to, castration).
* Contact your Veterinarian
* In the event of a Mortality claim, make Arrangements for an Autopsy - as one may be required by the insurance company
* Call police in cases of theft, shootings, or vehicular involvement.
* Have the horse destroyed without the insurance company's consent
* Have the horse removed prior to having an autopsy completed
* Neglect to file a police report if one is needed.
Liability and/or Farm Policies
Liability and/or Farm Property Policies Claims Numbers
American Bankers Insurance Company/American Reliable Insurance Company (policy numbers starting with AML, AEP, or SL): call toll free (800) 245-1505
Great American Insurance Group (policy numbers starting with A): call toll free 800-331-0211
If an incident has occurred that you believe could lead to a claim with regard to your Liability and/or Care,Custody and Control policy/policies, do NOT admit fault. Make sure to take relevant photos, contact the insurance company immediately, and write down all details of the event as soon as possible.
If you have suffered property damage, make sure to take all steps necessary to immediately mitigate any additional damage to your property, take relevant photos of the damage, and as with any claim situation, make sure to contact the claims office immediately.
If you are not sure who your policy is with, please call us at (888) 687-8555 during regular business hours 8:30am - 5:00pm EST.